The Half-Blood Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's go CANNOEIN'! (CJ and Aaron)

2 posters

Go down

Let's go CANNOEIN'! (CJ and Aaron) Empty Let's go CANNOEIN'! (CJ and Aaron)

Post by Colby-Jane Darkwing Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Colby-Jane was back. Back at camp at last. Not that seeing her dad and step-mom wasn't great.... But it wasn't home. She walked aling the wooded path that led to the lake. The lake which she had once been cannoeing in. The cannoe had tipped.....

She hadn't been in the lake since.

She approched the lake and sat on a bench near the shore, kicking up sand with her bare feet. She listen to the sounds of campers cannoeing in the lake and smiled slightly, twisting a strand of hair around her finger.

Just then, She heard footsteps................
Colby-Jane Darkwing
Colby-Jane Darkwing

Back to top Go down

Let's go CANNOEIN'! (CJ and Aaron) Empty Re: Let's go CANNOEIN'! (CJ and Aaron)

Post by Aaron Chase Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Aaron smiled to himself as he felt the sun on his face. It was at least one of the things he could experience without his eyesight that he liked. His fist was firmly wrapped around the leash that held Justice as the pup trotted along beside him. "Where are we going Justice?" He asked softly, wondering where he should go.

He sighed to himself as he tried to direct Justice to the right. They would head to the lake so he could sit out by the water. He would hear the other campers splashing in the water and having fun, and he himself would smile...glad that they were living their lives. He adjusted the sunglasses against his eyes and turned an ear to his dog. "What's up Justice? Why are you slowing-" He then ran into a tree.

He stumbled back and glared in the general direction of his dog. His dog started trotting to the lake before pulling Aaron behind her quickly. "Come on we're just going to the lake. Sheesh, Justice." His dog stopped and growled slightly, while Aaron tilted his head. "Is there someone there girl? Easy now."
Aaron Chase
Aaron Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Colby-Jane Darkwing Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:21 am

Colby watched the boy with sunglasses and a dog run into a tree and stood up to see if he was alright.. He got up, so she guessed he was...

Sitting back down she thought he looked familiar, the boy... She'd seen him around camp before... He was the blind kid wasn't he? She'd never actually talked to him, but she'd seen him walking along with that dog of his.

She was lost so lost in thought that she almost didn't notice the dog, which was now about a foot away from her, the boy, gripping the leash, right behind the dog. Which was growling at her. SHe backed up a little bit. She wasn't afraid of dogs.... well, maybe ones that were growling at her... The boy said something and she looked up. He was talking to the dog right? or was it her? "Uh... Hi?" She decided to go talking. Just in case.
Colby-Jane Darkwing
Colby-Jane Darkwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Chase Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:47 am

Aaron pulled Justice again, and the dog started barking. She sat next to Aaron's foot, and even her tail began wagging. Happily, Aaron noted. He wondered why and then someone spoke. It was a feminine voice, one that he hadn't heard before. He half wished he could see what she looked like, but he put that aside for now.

"I apologize for Justice's behavior," he finally said, grinning slightly. "She gets really excited sometimes. She growls, barks, and now as you can see...well, she's excited at meeting a new person." Aaron pushed his sunglasses up onto his head. He always found that people were easier to talk to when he didn't have them on.

"I'm Aaron Chase," he said, extending a hand in the general direction of where he heard the voice. Beside him, Justice yipped happily, bumping into Aaron's side.
Aaron Chase
Aaron Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Colby-Jane Darkwing Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 am

"It's fine" She said. "My dad has a dog. She's the same way" SHe brushed her hair out of her eyes and grinned... He had pretty eyes.... She shook her head quickly, glad he couldn't see her staring at him.

Colby smiled and reached for his hand. He was reaching a little to the left of her, but she scooted over to take his hand. "I'm Colby-Jane Darkwing" She said and winced slightly. Her name was a mouthfull. "You can call me CJ though" she said.

"Your dog is pretty" She smiled at him "Who's your Parent?" She asked him, trying to start a conversation. "My Mom is Athena.."
Colby-Jane Darkwing
Colby-Jane Darkwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Chase Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:30 am

Aaron smiled as she took his hand. He had wondered if maybe he was too much to the side or not close enough, but it appeared that he was just right where he needed to be. "It's good to meet you, CJ. I don't really have a nickname for my name, but if you happen to think of one, feel free to use it."

He reached down and held his hand out until Justice bumped it with her head. Aaron smiled and patted her. "You can pet her if you want," he said, his arm falling to his side. Justice is part German Shepherd, part Black Labrador and she's quite a handful. But she helps me."

When CJ asked about his Godly parent, Aaron winced slightly and frowned to himself. "You're lucky to have such a good parent, CJ. Athena is wise in all that she does. My parent, unfortunately, is Zeus. God of all, or whatever like that." Aaron remarked, shrugging slightly.
Aaron Chase
Aaron Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Colby-Jane Darkwing Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:43 am

Colby smiled slightly "well if I think of any, I'll let you know" She said dropping his hand. "You can sit down, if you want...?" She offered, blushing ever so slightly (for what reason, she did not know..)

"Hi Justice" Colby said and reached her hand out to pet the dog. She was really a pretty dog. "Yeah. I wish I had a dog sometimes.. My own dog, one that could stay here with me.." She smiled wishfully. "All I have is a hampster. Who bites" She said, still petting Justice.

"Yeah... I've never met my mom.. I've heard she's really nice though..." She looked up at him again.. It sounded like he didn't like his parent.. Zeus. wow. She didn't see that coming. He was a big three kid... "S-so" she paused for a moment, thinking, "Why don't you like your dad.. wait.. that sounded rude sorry. Why is it unfortunat that Zeus is your father?" She asked.
Colby-Jane Darkwing
Colby-Jane Darkwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Chase Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:29 am

Aaron blew out a breath as he reached down and carefully sat on the ground. It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to trick the blind kid. But he sensed that CJ was a kind soul, so he trusted her when she said he could sit down. When he was sure that nothing was going to happen to him, he tilted his head, causing his sunglasses to cover his eyes again. He pushed them up on his nose and sighed.

Justice trotted beside him and sat down in Aaron's lap. Said boy grunted slightly, putting a hand on the dog to keep her steady. "Sheesh Justice," he murmured, searching through the dog's fur until he found her head and patted it. He peered up at the sky, though he couldn't see it, before he addressed CJ.

"Why do you think I'm blind?" He asked, shrugging slightly. "I angered him. Zeus. The Big Man. The God of all Gods. And this is what I got. I haven't seen anything in two years. Sometimes, I worry that I'll forget what my own mother looks like sometimes. And here I am, talking with you, and I have no idea what you look like."
Aaron Chase
Aaron Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Colby-Jane Darkwing Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:54 am

Colby watched Aaron sit down. He was so careful... almost like he was expecting something bad to happen.. It made her a little bit sad. She grinned as he sat next to her, his sunglasses sliding down his face. She petted Justice after she sat on him and smiled. She looked at him. He looked like he was still trying to figure out how to be blind, but at the same time, like he was compleatly used to it.. (thinking about it later, she realized how little sense that thought made)

She looked at him with wide eyes. She hadn't been expecting that. His dad took away his site. She wanted to ask what he'd done.. What could have made the God of the skies mad enough to take his son's sight from him... But she didn't want to pry. Normally, that just pissed people off. Or made them leave. And she didn't want Aaron to leave. "I could tell you what I look like..." She offerd.
Colby-Jane Darkwing
Colby-Jane Darkwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down