The Half-Blood Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering in the Dark

4 posters

Go down

Wandering in the Dark Empty Wandering in the Dark

Post by Savanna Williams Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 am

Savanna walked through the forest as the sun just started to set. Most children would be afraid to be out in the forest. It was just before dinner and most kids were making their way to the Mess Hall. Savanna wasn't hungry though. She would much rather be here... maybe contanct her dad in some way. Unlike the other children, she was somewhat close to her father.

Shadow, her black cat, rested on her shoulders, purring softly. Even though Shadow was very anti-social, she was attached to Savanna. Savanna was very happy when she got Shadow on Halloween; her birthday.

The forest was very quiet. Savanna had her sword in her holster. Her sword was in minature form right now. She could press a button on it, and it would grow to full size. It wasn't the sword James gave her, but it was her favorite. Savanna had never used this sword for more than practice. The only time she only fought a monster was all those years ago.

Hearing footsteps approach her, Savanna whirled around, pushing the button and pulling her sword at. She pointed at the person's neck, her eyes narrowed. She couldn't see the person, but it didn't matter. "Don't you know not to sneak up on people like that?" she seethed as Shadow hissed at the person.
Savanna Williams
Savanna Williams

Back to top Go down

Wandering in the Dark Empty Re: Wandering in the Dark

Post by Jonathon Liks Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:59 am

Jonathon stepped through the forest carefully, adjusting his striped blue and gray shirt so it looked right. Unfolding his mirror, he quickly adjusted a strand of hair and placed back in his pocket, before heading off to where he saw a girl standing. As the girl groused at him, Jonathon's eyes widened. It was obviously a Big Three demigod. And he was freaking scared of them.

"How am I supposed to know? I didn't take those classes when I was a kid like everyone else!" Jonathon answered, scowling, flicking hsi head arrogantly.
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:11 am

Sara prowled through the trees, peering out. She had been planning to surprise Savvy; after all, she hadn't seen the girl since spring break. She snuck around the small clearing before snorting at the boy. Sneaking up behind Savvy? Without even attempting to be quiet? He deserved to be beat up. But before Savvy could do any damage, she snuck up behind her and poked her left shoulder, instantly dodging to the right so as not to be seen. Everybody fell for it.

"Have you ever heard of stealth?" she scolded the boy, eyebrows raised, before turning to her friend and grinning. "SAVVY!" she cheered, hugging the girl even if she thought that she might stiffen up. "I got my hair dyed purple!" she gestured to her hair. "I'm thinking blue next time, or maybe curled. What do you think?" She mocked a model pose in front of her friend.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Manaji Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 am

Danielle held her pocketknife in her hands, the blade out. The steely glint shone through the night, and she cursed. She'd be seen. She peered out of the bushes and saw a group of kids her age talking. Well, arguing.

She glared at them, watching their every move. An annoyingly cheerful looking girl yelled and Danielle rolled her eyes. Getting up from her spot in the bushes, she asked, "Don't you people know that this is a hunting ground?"
Danielle Manaji
Danielle Manaji

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanna Williams Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:49 am

Savanna smirked slightly when the moon shined into the boy's face. He looked frightened of her. Of course, she was a legend around the Camp. Only Savanna were the types of rocker outfits she wore; only the daughter of Hades wore what she wore. "Classes? What do classes have to do with anything?" she growled. "Its called common sense." Savanna spat, not having time to deal with a teenage boy with over geeled hair. Obviously a daughter of Aphrodite.

Feeling a finger poked her left shouder, Savanna sighed. Only Sara would be stupid enough to try and sneak up on her. Savanna didn't fall for her trick and waited for her to appear in front of her.

Sara, being her bipolar self, hugged Savanna. Savanna didn't hug her back, but Sara knew that they were friends. "I see that," Savanna remarked looking at Sara's hair. "You're going to damage it Sara. By the time you're twenty, all your hair will be gone."

Watching as another girl got out from behind the bushes, Savanna scowled. Why the Hades are people showing up now. I came here at this time for a reason!. "Thanks genius, that was the reason why I was here." Savanna snapped, holding her black as night sword in her hand. If this girl wasn't aware of who she was, then she must be new.
Savanna Williams
Savanna Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:10 pm

"You could at least pretend I surprised you," Sara complained, scowling. She glared at Savanna under her lashes. "You don't always have to be so damn negative." She was completely aware that she was being hypocritical at that moment, but who cared? Her good mood had been ruined. End of story. She was going to snap at people.

She made a face at the remark about her hair, twirling it with a finger. Bad mood over. "You're just jealous of my awesomeness," she grinned, twirling in a circle. She frowned at the girl's annoyed look. "Jeez, stop being such a downer. You need to lighten up sometimes."

She immediately went from pleased to annoyed. It struck her at that moment that she was very bipolar, but she waved the thought away. "No, I thought it was the bathroom," she shot back, rolling her eyes. "Duh, this is the hunting ground." Her eyebrows rose. "But why are you out here in the middle of the night?"
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Manaji Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Danielle rolled her eyes at the stupid words that came out of the girls' mouths. Could people really be this idiotic? Obviously, the answer was "yes." She rolled her eyes again at the dark haired girl's quip. "No duh."

She smirked at the girl with purple hair's attempt at sarcasm. "I'm here to hunt, you idiot. Everyone knows that the best game is nocturnal." She left the safety of the bushes and stood in front of the odd group; the rocker girl, the girl with weird hair, and the boy who looked like he could use some masculinity. Or steroids. He looked weak.

Her eyes narrowed at the sight of a black sword in the rocker girl's hand. She looked at her own knife and saw that it looked quite peony in comparison to the sword, not that she'd admit it.

She smirked at the boy. "So, is there more hair gel or brains? I think that it's leaning on the former."
Danielle Manaji
Danielle Manaji

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanna Williams Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:35 pm

"Why would I pretend to be surprised just to humour you Sara?" Savanna rolled her eyes and sighed. "You would just get pissed at me for lying to you." Savanna knew exactly how to deal with Sara's mulitple attitudes. Savanna thought that one of the reasons why she was friends with Sara. Savanna loved a good mess. Savanna just ignored Sara's comment on her being a downer. Even though she wanted to say something snappish and clever. It wouldn't help anyone if she did.

Savanna raised an eyebrow at the girl. She reminded Savanna of someone. She just couldn't put a figure on who. The girl ovbiously didn't understand that Savanna didn't want to deal with anyone at the moment. Evidently, the girl was just wanting to do her own things as well. Savanna respected her for that.

Pushing the button on her sword, Savanna put it back in her minatue holster. Savanna doubted she needed her sword. If anything, Savanna would just shadow travel if anything got violent. No way would blood being getting on her most loved/hated shirt. This shirt meant something to her.

Savanna smirked at the girl's comment. It was a witty comeback. Most people weren't like that around here.

"I'm Savanna Williams," she introduced herself, petting Shadow's fur. Shadow, who was growling at the group. Savanna didn't need Shadow attacking anyone. Hopefully, the people knew who she was. Most people were hesitant around the daughter of Hades. And Savanna loved it.

Last edited by Savanna Williams on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Savanna Williams
Savanna Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Jonathon watched the girls talk strangely. Ignoring the rather emo looking girl's question, he answered the other's instead. "I don't know. I got a lot of gel, though." he said casually, dusting a bit of dirt from his shirt. Patting his back pocket, he ensured that his dagger was still there in his back pocket. "Not that you three would know the worth of it- you all look like you've just gotten out of bed. Do you even brush those bushes you call hair?" he criticized.

Why couldn't he have met up with some of his half siblings instead of....these people?
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Manaji Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Danielle chuckled a bit at the rocker girl's words. It was pretty ironic, if you thought about it.

She raised her eyebrows as the girl did the same to her. The girl looked like she was examining her, looking through her, making her feel vulnerable. Danielle didn't like that at all. She saw the girl push the button on her sword and put it back in its holster. "Uh... That's actually kind of cool," she said before the girl introduced herself as Savanna Williams.

She smiled genuinely. "Danielle Manaji. You must be Hades' kid. I've heard about you. You should probably know that you don't scare me. No one does." Her smile dropped with her last words.

Danielle smirked again. "Why bother brushing it only to get it messy again? It's just stupid." She had to admit that this idiot was very good-looking, though scrawny. "Let me guess; pretty boy, spoiled...Aphrodite?"
Danielle Manaji
Danielle Manaji

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanna Williams Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Savanna chuckled darkly as the girl complimented her sword. "Thanks, I had gotten it awhile ago. My last one broke when I was attempting to master Shadow Traveling." Savanna scowled at the memory. The sword she had before wasn't her favorite, but James gave it to her. This sword was much more fit for her.

Savanna looked stoicly as the girl recongized her. Danielle said she wasn't scared of her. Savanna could change that very quickly, but for some reason, Savanna thought that she could possibly get along or tolerate the girl. "All bad stories, I hope." Savanna remarked, hearing Danielle talk about hearing about her. It was humorous how people reacted to her.

Raising an eyebrow at the boy, he really was a spoiled brat. Danielle seemed to be handling him though. Savanna didn't get her hands dirty or wasted her time if she didn't have to. Savanna would much rather like making fun of people from the sidelines, plotting something else that she could do to them using her powers.
Savanna Williams
Savanna Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Jonathon rolled his eyes. "It's the idea of being hygienic. Dirt gets into un-brushed much easier, and causes lice. Don't come crying to me when you've scratched your scalp bloody." he said, stating it like it was a well known fact. Slipping his dagger into his palm, he carefully closed his hand around it, the dagger slightly poking his middle finger. "But of course, a daughter of a barbaric idiot wouldn't know better." Rolling his eyes- was he really that obvious? At least they didn't think he was gay...hopefully.

"I'm Jonathon Liks, Son of Aphrodite." Jonathon introduced. "And thank you for the compliment."

Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Manaji Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Danielle scrunched her eyebrows. "Shadow Traveling?" She had no idea what it was; hopefully Savanna would elaborate.

She smirked. "Definitely. There was this one girl who said you beat her up for no reason. Personally, I think she was making it up. You seem like the kind of person to do worse damage than that."

Rolling her eyes at Pretty Boy, she said, "Yeah yeah yeah. If you haven't noticed, no one gives a damn about a word you say. Barbaric idiot eh? Your mother doesn't seem to think so, seeing how she's sleeping with him."

She snarled. "Some son. And that wasn't a compliment, you dumbass." Danielle already hated "Jonathon." He was so damn annoying and feminine. She was more like a boy than he was! No one could be this annoying and still be human. That was it. He was a fairy; or a nymph. Which one, she couldn't decide.
Danielle Manaji
Danielle Manaji

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanna Williams Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Savanna wasn't surprised that Danielle didn't know about Shadow Traveling. "It's like... teleporting. Only, you almost go through a time tear and travel through there." Savanna really had no clue how to explain it. "It takes a lot of energy and if you aren't used to it, it isn't pleasant." Savanna could remember when she first traveled. It knocked her out for hours.

Laughing , Savanna rolled her eyes. "I remember her. I threated to kick her ass because she stole my..." Savanna trailed off because she couldn't remember. "Anyway, I remeber summoning ghost from the Underworld to haunt her and scare her for the week. Never laid a hand on her. Remembered those rumors though." She was a daughter of Aprhodite... it wasn't shocking that she went around spreading rumors.

Savanna was very impressed with how Danielle was handling Jonathon. She was putting him in his place, that was for sure. "Jonny-Boy, no one cares." Savanna said apathetically. As much fun as it was seeing Danielle out-smart him, it was getting annoying.
Savanna Williams
Savanna Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:03 am

Sara watched, amused, as bantering and chatter and a few insults (mostly directed at Jon, who she would probably call Cullen in her head) were traded between. The people had already exchanged names, and she had filed them away carefully in the mess that was her thoughts; Danielle and Jonathon. And Savvy, of course. "Well, since I haven't introduced myself yet," she grinned, nodding at the two she didn't know, "I'm Sara Harmond, call me anything but my name. I'm the residential best friend and bodyguard of Savvy here." She winked cheekily. Of course, Savvy could take care of herself, but if she was ever caught in a pinch, Sara was there.

Movement caught the corner of her eye, and instantly her knife (affectionately called Heroine) was out. She sighed and shook her head at herself when she realized it was just a squirrel, but, looking at the others, declared, "We should really either find a monster to fight or go back to the cabins, because it's dangerous to be relaxed in the hunting grounds." Sara was rarely rational; it was a special day. But, of course, she couldn't TELL anybody how special it was.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 am

Jon glared at the two girls. "Shut. The. Hell. Up." he scowled. His hand flew up and his dagger landed right between them, Jon's aim just slightly off. Realizing that he could get premature wrinkling from that, he quickly crossed his arms over his chest, scowl shrinking in size slightly.

As Tonks spoke, finally, Jon's eyes widened at the thought of possibly getting dirty. "Uh, no way I'm fighting, Tonks. Have a good afterlife!" he called, forgetting his dagger and hurrying out of the forest.
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanna Williams Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:59 am

Savanna smirked when Sara said she was her bodyguard. Her bipolar best friend was back it seemed. "Best friend, possibly... body guard?" Savanna laughed and punched Sara's arm slightly. "Only when I need ya." Savanna was glad that she was friends with Sara. No matter how insane she was. Sara kept their friendship interesting. Savanna watched as Sara pulled out her knife Heroine. Ah... she was paranoid. It made Savanna laugh.

Hearing the boy speak, Savanna glared at him and grabbed the collar of his shirt after his attempt to frighten up. "Who are you to tell us to shut up. Perhaps if you were a bit nicer to people who were better than you we would shut up." Savanna let him go, her voice border lining on a growl. Did this idiot not understand who he was dealing with?

Laughing at his next comment, Savanna shook her head. "Jonny-Boy, her afterlife will be better than yours. I have control of it, remember?"

Savanna Williams
Savanna Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum