The Half-Blood Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

2 posters

Go down

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better Empty Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

Post by Sara Harmond Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:09 am

Sara counted her steps as she walked along in the grass, bare foot. Sara loved walking bare foot. It was currently rather late at night; most campers were at the fire, singing off-key and roasting marshmallows. However, Sara didn't quite feel like it that night. She had, after all, been known to have a small attention span; she had followed a stray butterfly down the beach and was now walking up the bleacher-like benches in the ampitheater, admiring the sunset.

This would be very romantic if she wasn't the most single person on the planet.

She sighed, lying down and closing her eyes. Maybe someone else would come along and she'd make a new friend. Or a new enemy. Either way, she was just happy to be enjoying the momentary silence.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better Empty Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

Post by Nathan House Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:50 am

Nathan snuck away from the festivities that the camp was participating in, his ferret and violin case with him. He wanted to play more, not sing with off note kids who honestly couldn't sing if their life depended on it. Then again, he had never sung before. He didn't think he'd do too badly, after all his father was Apollo, but he wasn't sure until he had someone to actually sing with.

He shrugged to himself and set his violin case down. Rush climbed up to his shoulder as the boy bent to pull his beautiful instrument out of the case. He grabbed his bow gently and ran it across the strings. He wondered if he could sing instead...he propped up the violin on his shoulder and held it there as he belted out a tune.

"I need some distraction, oh beautiful release. Memories seep from my veins. They may be empty, and weightless, and maybe...I'll find some peace tonight. In the arms of the angel, fly away from here. From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness you fear. You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie. You're in the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here."

Nathan's voice cut off as he looked at Rush, who had planted his paws on Nathan's face. He peered at the animal, grinning slightly before he set down the violin, cupping him in his hands. "Yeah. I miss her too."

Song: Arms of the Angel
Nathan House
Nathan House

http://hogwartsgf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better Empty Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

Post by Sara Harmond Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 am

If Sara was a dog, her ears would've perked up at the sound of the music and singing; as it was, her eyes shot open. She stared at the brilliant colors of the sunset as the voice softly sang. The song was vaguely familiar, but she couldn't place a name to it. For once, she didn't speak. She didn't say her emotions. She just...listened. And it felt nice to just listen for once. She decided that she liked the sound of the violin; it was soft. Peaceful. Calming.

She wanted to learn that instrument.

Putting that idea of for later, the song came to an end and she clapped softly. She saw a soft scurrying and heard a voice say, "Yeah. I miss her too." She slid down on the bleachers until she was on the bottom one and could see his face. He wasn't bad looking, but he wasn't Stan, either. "'Scuse me for asking," she muttered, cocking her head at him, "but miss who?"
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:59 am

Rush moved up Nathan's arm, curling up around his neck to hide from this new person. Nathan looked up, blinking slightly when he noticed a girl his age had approached him. Honestly, he hadn't heard or seen anyone within the slight darkness of the setting sun, and he hadn't thought he would have to explain his singing - or what the song meant to him. He coughed slightly as he smiled at the girl before picking up his violin again.

"My mother," he said softly, peering at the violin before looking back at the girl. "She's been dead for about...two years now." He shrugged slightly and ran the bow across his violin strings. "All I have left is my father, Apollo, but we're not close. Not really anyway. We played together, once or twice maybe. But other than that, he's really busy doing other God stuff." He peered at the girl. She didn't seem familiar to him... "I'm Nathan House. Sorry I didn't introduce myself before."
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:28 am

Sara cringed away as she saw some type of...thing wind its way up behind the boy's neck. She wasn't good with animals. Any time she'd ever seen one, she had ended up with some type of scrape or scratch. Dogs? They bit her. Cats? They bit her and then scratched her. Lizards? Don't get her started. She closed her eyes as he picked the violin back up again. Would she get to hear more music?

"Oh." She hadn't expected it to be about something so...deep. She had expected an ex-girlfriend, or maybe a crush of some type. Oops. She frowned. "I'm sorry," she apologized, "but I never know what to say when people tell me someone they know died." She had to contain a bitter laugh. "I kind of doubt any of us are really close with our parents. I mean, I've never met my dad." She shrugged. "Well, gods are busy, right?" She blinked at the description, frowning. It sounded vaguely familiar..."Sara Harmond," she nodded. "Have I ever met you before? I feel like I know your name from somewhere."
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 am

Nathan reached behind his neck slightly to scratch Rush behind the ears. He had seen the almost imperceptible movement of her cringing away, and he wondered if Rush was to blame. Well, the little ferret never bit or scratched, so Nathan had no experience of being scared of animals. He smiled at his violin before looking up at the girl who had identified herself as Sara.

"It's fine," Nathan said shrugging. "I'll never get over it, but at least I know that she's not in any pain or anything now. She was pretty sick for a while before she died. I'm a year-round camper now, since I have nowhere to go. I've never met you before, and I tend to stay away from most people. It's possible you could have heard my name somewhere, but I don't recall yours."

Nathan gestured over to where the large bonfire was with all the other campers. The light they had from the sun was slowly sinking down, making the theatre darker with each passing moment."Why aren't you over there partying it up eh? I would have thought you would be dancing or cooking S'mores or something over there."
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:11 am

"How do you know she's not in pain?" Sara frowned. It was intriguing to her. "I mean, there's a chance she might not have made it into Elysium, and even if she didn't get judged, isn't it a kind of mental pain to just be standing in a field for eternity? No offense," she immediately amended. "I'm sure your mom was a nice person." She had noticed that, even if she didn't care as much about her family, other people were sensitive about them. Especially when they were dead. And it made it even worse that her dad was the god of death.

"I wouldn't expect you to know my name," she shrugged, and she didn't. She was the kid of a minor god--Savvy was the daughter of Hades; she got all the attention. Ironically, she hated attention. "I'm not the kid of a major god/goddess, and I guess I'm not very social, so it's not surprising that you don't know me. Maybe I just knew someone else with a name like yours." She couldn't shake the feeling that she knew his name from somewhere, but it didn't really matter.

Sara leaned back and stared at the sky as stars slowly began to apear. She loved stars. "Normally, I would be," she shrugged. "But I'm a strange person, and when I don't want to do something, I don't do it. What about you? I'm sure they could use your voice to balance out all the off-key people." She closed her eyes, listening to the crickets' song.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 am

Nathan shrugged slightly. "Even though my mother was with Apollo for a short bit of time, she always believed in the whole 'going up to heaven when you died' type of thing. So I like to think that she's partying up above as an angel and always watching over me." Nathan peered up at the sky and inhaled. "Whenever I sing or play my music, it's for her. It's always for her."

Nathan chuckled slightly as Sara mentioned him and the off-key singing of people. "Well, I usually like to be by myself. Well, me and Rush here I mean. I'd rather be out here planning under the stars with my violin than next to a smoky fire and a bunch of elder demigods getting drunk. That'd be Dionysus' fault, I would assume. Not watching the wine close enough or anything." Nathan began to play some opening chords to a song before he stopped.

He assumed that Sara wouldn't mind, but he would have to ask her of course. "You don't mind if I play do you? It takes my mind off things, and well, I would just feel better playing it then standing here with it on my shoulder." He said, looking a bit sheepish as he talked.
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:35 am

She glanced up at the sky, as if she might see Nate's (as she had begun to call him in her head) mother smiling down on her, but no such luck. "Maybe she made it somehow. I mean, faith's a powerful weapon. Or she could've been turned into a constellation...that one looks like a woman!" She squinted. "Or a pickle."

Sara grinned as he laughed. Good deed of the day done? She thought so. "I gathered that when you said that you tend to stay away from most people. But I understand why you like it out here." It was peaceful out there, just listening to the bugs chitter. Calming. Even she couldn't be her usual bipolar self; she didn't want to ruin the quiet. "Hey, he's probably just busy. I mean, he's the god of partying; doesn't that give him an excuse to slack off a bit?" She had never come face-to-face with the god, but was sure he couldn't be that bad. Right?

"Of course!" she agreed immediately, biting the inside of her cheek to keep herself from smiling too much. "I like listening to the violin. It's a beautiful instrument." She glanced at the instrument in question from the corner of her eye. Slick. Glistening. Gorgeous. She couldn't wait to hear him play it again.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Nathan peered at his ferret who scuttled down his shoulder into his pocket where the little one curled up to sleep a bit. The demigod boy smiled and patted his pocket fondly, while placing his violin against his shoulder, ready to play. Sara had said that it would be alright with her, and Nathan was going to go through with it. It was how he felt at ease after all.

He thought about what he would play. Maybe something calming, or something upbeat and dance like. He pursed his lips before he nodded to himself. This time mother...just wait in the wings. Just this once...this song isn't for you, but for a girl right over there...whom I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Nathan began playing Brighid's Blessing. It was a slow and a slight bit sad piece that Nathan played often. It was beautiful, and it was his mother's favorite. And although he wasn't playing it for her, he figured she would be happy to hear it anyway. He closed his eyes, swaying as he played the violin. The other sounds fell away one by one as he played. The campers, the fire roaring, the crickets, even his own heartbeat. They stopped for his music.

He lowered his bow when he finished the song, and all the nighttime noises returned to him in full bloom. He looked over at Sara, slightly anticipating her reaction to the piece he just played.
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:24 am

Sara closed her eyes and breathed deeply as she listened to the violin being played. She loved music like this--music that made her forget where she was, that took her to another place and time. It was so sad-sounding. Beautiful. It sounded like something that you would hear in a movie. She felt honored to hear it. His mom must've been a lucky person to have someone play this to her all the time.

It took her a moment to gather her thoughts together after it ended, and when she did she was speechless. "That..." she blinked. "Wow. You're really good." She beamed at him. "I really like that song! How often do you practice do you get that good? It sounded dazzling." She grinned. "Your mom must be proud."

A thought came to her. "Do you take requests?" she asked curiously. "I mean, I'm sure you have a huge file...thingy...of music you could play, but there's always room to learn new things." She grinned. "So, could I request a couple songs, are do you wanna stick to what you know? I'm fine either way."
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:31 am

Nathan smiled sheepishly at Sara as she praised him for the piece he had played. "To be quite frank with you, music comes naturally to me. I had to learn the notes, but I memorized them practically before I could read real words. And the playing, well, I just have to read a piece to know how to play it exactly as it should be. It's in my blood." He said, shrugging slightly.

In truth, he was ecstatic that Sara loved what he had played. There had been many a person who didn't like what he did because it was old and classical music. What people really wanted was upbeat and rapping nonsense in which Nathan would have no part of. He listened as Sara asked if he took requests, and he tried to answer the question as best as he could.

"Well..." He thought about it for a moment. "I've never had anyone ask me about requests before. I would be more than happy to do what you asked, but I would have to hear the song first in order to play it. I mean, I don't just play any song since some of them I don't approve of." He said carefully. "Give me a list of some and I'll listen to them. I should be able to play them after hearing them."
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:48 am

Sara was fascinated. "Are all kids of Apollo naturally fabulous at music?" she asked, head in her hands, elbows resting on her knees. It completely confused her how someone--even a kid of the god of music--could be that good naturally. She wondered if he had this type of talent with any other instruments he tried. She was willing to bet all the money in her pocket (a good 20 dollars, thank you) that he could play any instrument in the world and probably compose any music he wanted, too.

She liked Nate; she felt like she'd known him for a while. She was sure that there was more to him than his music, but at that moment it was the most important thing. She didn't really care what he played anymore. She just wanted to hear him play. She hoped that they would become friends--she could see herself hanging out with this guy.

A bubble of laughter escaped her lips. "Get ready for some really random music choices," she warned, grinning. Sara didn't like all one genre of music for a long time--she went through phases. And right then, she wass going through a slow, usually romantic music phase. She hoped that things wouldn't get awkward after she suggested. "I really like Grenade and Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars, and My Heart Will Go On by Titanic, but if you start playing them I'll probably sing off-key and ruin it. Anything classical that you want to play is OK, because discovering new music is always fun...hmm...I like that one song without words from Brad Paisley, but I can't remember the name." She grinned ruefully. "Know anything there, or should I give you more options?"
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:47 am

"I wouldn't know," Nathan admitted grimacing slightly. "I haven't met any other child of my Da. Although, I wouldn't think so since I grew up with music. I bet that's how my Da found my mother. She was a big art and music type of person, as is Apollo, so I grew up with all the classics. She taught me all that I know, and eventually, I surpassed her at many different levels. After all, I am my father's kid."

"And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile. Cuz girl you're amazing just the way you are." Nathan sang slightly, nodding to himself. "Right right. I know that one, as well as the Titanic song. Grenade is iffy with me, but I'll try the other one by Bruno Mars."

He placed his violin against his shoulder and blew out a breath. He tilted his head slightly as he listened to the song within his head. He began humming as his violin nimbly moved across the strings. To Nathan's displeasure, the playing wasn't exactly perfect. Then again, that was to his keen ear. Anyone else who heard it could easily be swayed into thinking that he played it perfectly.

He lowered his violin after the song was done before he cast a glance over to Sara. "Well...how was that?" He asked softly. He wondered how it sounded to her.
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:28 am

"There's no other kids of Apollo?!" Okay, now Sara was extremely confused. "Isn't Apollo the super-hot-flirty god that always gets the girls?" At least, that was what she'd heard. She grinned at the description of his mother. "No wonder you're so good. That's a lot of music for one person. Did you eer want to do something else?" She didn't think she could stand doing when thing for so long.

Sara's eyes closed as he sang a little of the song--he was almost as good as Bruno Mars, and she didn't say that lightly, since she loved Bruno Mars--before they fluttered open again as he spoke. "You don't have to play what I ask," she frowned, drawing her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. "If you want to play something else, go ahead."

She hummed along to the song, and had barely opened her mouth to whisper the words when she hesitated. Her mouth closed. He was doing well--fabulous, as she'd expected--but something was a little...off. Most people may not notice this, but Sara loved Bruno Mars music a little more than was probably healthy. At his question she paused. She would have difficulty putting this into words.

"It was...good. No, not good, it was wonderful. But something about the notes was a little...weird. Were you in the wrong key or something?" She made a guess at the problem, but that was just one of the theories. But regardless, she beamed. "It was still awesome for playing it on a moment's notice! You're a great violinist."
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 am

Nathan grinned widely. "And where would I be if I refused a request by a pretty girl? Besides, I'm a pretty big fan of Bruno Mars myself. I think my violin is out of tune with the notes he's putting out. I'll have to pull out my viola or something to play that song." He murmured, mainly to himself.

He set his violin down next to the case and hopped over to sit next to Sara. He tilted his head up to the look at the stars before he spoke once more. "Glad to know you think so highly of my playing," he said, chuckling slightly. He laid back and put his hands behind his head. He closed his eyes and exhaled.

"One day, when I leave this camp, I'm going to put my music to good use. I'll probably hold benefits or concerts or something. I don't want to be known for my music or anything, but I want others to know of it." He blinked his eyes open and peered at the constellations for a few seconds before he turned his head slightly to look at Sara.

"What are you good at?" Nathan asked, smiling at her. "I'm sure there's something you love to do, and you're good at doing it as well. You've heard my music, and I'm good at it, so what's your forte?"
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:18 pm

"You would probably be without a girlfriend," she teased in reply with a grin. "I didn't know that there was a certain tune to different instruments. That must make things complicated." She paused and listened to him muttering before gaping. "How many instruments do you play?!"

She watched relax, breathing deeply, and resisted the urge to be a copycat and do the same. Instead, she leaned forward and gazed at the spot where the sun had been setting not long ago, it's place taken with stars. She attempted to count them and failed pretty epically. "It's hard not to think highly of something that good."

"So you're going to be a...charity musician?" She was sure that that wasn't the official term, but she couldn't find a better way to describe it. "That's really nice. What're you going to do as a job for yourself, then?" She grinned when he turned to glance at her. He wasn't subtle at all. Normally, she would've commented on that, but it was too peaceful for her to laugh at anyone.

At his question, she looked away again, frowning at the horizon. "I'm really...not good at anything, I don't think," she admitted. "All that really comes to mind is acting, and I mean, I suppose I'm not bad at that"--she only had to do it at least once a day--"but I'm not nearly as good as some people, so I guess I'm a Jack of all trades." She shrugged and stared at her feet. It sucked when you sucked at everything.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Nathan chuckled slightly and started counting off on his fingers. "One...two...three...all of them?" He said, or more like questioned with a sheepish grin on his face. Every instrument he had come in contact with he had played to near perfection. When he was younger, he wowed audiences with his immaculate and thought provoking playing. "If it's an instrument, I can play it."

He paused for a moment. "Charity musician sounds about right. What charity it's going to, I haven't the foggiest. Maybe some can go to multiple different places and such. Actually, I'd rather be like...playing on a street corner for all to hear. For free. That way, my music gets out there and touches people while they're walking to work or even heading home. To make someone's day brighter. I would love to do that."

Nathan sat up slightly, resting on his elbows so he could peer at the girl beside him. "Surely, you have to be exceptionally good at something. Archery perhaps? Well, actually, that's also me...hmm...how about singing? I'm sure you have a lovely singing voice. And if you say acting is most likely your forte, then it probably is. So you should go for it. Go on. Why don't you show me a little acting yeh? Since I did play music for ya." He grinned at her.
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:44 am

"I should've known," she laughed, nudging him playfully with his shoulder. "Have you even tried all the instruments? I mean, there are a lot out there." She was fascinated by how this boy seemed to be able to do...well...anything that had to do with music. He could probably compose some wonderful stuff, too. "Even a washboard? Wow, you do have talent."

"Just sit out there and play all day?" She blinked. "That sounds like it'd be...really nice. But what would you do for a job? Wouldn't it be more productive for everyone to play inside a cafe and touch the lives of people sipping their mochas?" It confused her just a little. He seemed to want nothing or himself, and she understood that, but how could he expect to make a living if he did that? "I'm sure you'll find someone to help you on your quest for charity if you ask around. You may even be able to start something here at camp."

She laughed at his coment on archery. "Jeez, you're just good at everything, aren't you? And most major avalanches happen when I sing. Meh, that's only 'cause there isn't a god or goddess of acting. They would blow me out of the water." A smirk hit her face and she jumped down to the ground. "Fine. But I can't really talk to the air. Like to try your luck at acting with me, Music Man?" She offered a hand to help him down if he wanted.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:58 am

Nathan laughed slightly. "Well if you give me an instrument I haven't played before, I'll more than likely try to play it. And excel at it as well. It's in my nature, you could say. And I don't think I've ever tried the washboard. But that's definitely on my list now." He murmured.

"That would be a job for me," he said happily. "I'd play outside during the day and anyone could leave money in a cup or even my violin case. Then in the evening, I'd play in one of those late night cafes. I even know the manager of one who promised me a place up above if I played daily."

He grinned. "Nah nah, just art stuff and archery. I love archery especially." He said, nodding his head. Nathan paled slightly at the thought of doing any acting. "Not sure Gallagher Girl. Think I would be up to the task of performing with the best?" He questioned, shaking his head to her hand before he jumped down himself.
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:52 am

"Ok...so if I handed you a kazoo, you could play Beethoven?" She was full of questions. Were all famous singers children of Apollo? What about the composers? Bach? Beethoven? Mozart? Or were they given his blessing? She knew every god or goddess had a blessing, but wasn't sure how often they could give it out. Did kids of Apollo have some control over the sun? She laughed. "Good luck finding one."

"That sounds like paradise," she said dreamily, gazing into the distance. "It sounds so...free. Did you ever think about doing something besides music?" She did love the idea of the life, but found it a little strange someone would want to do the same thing their entire life. Then again, a lot of things confused her.

"Gonna shoot an apple on my head?" she smirked. She grinned as he paled, and she dropped her hed. "A good act can make any bad act look good, if that makes sense. If you don't want to, then I can do some type of speech." She stuck her tongue out at him. "Besides, I'm hardly the best."
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:37 am

Nathan scratched the back of his head and thought for a moment. "Well, I've never tried to play a symphony on a kazoo before, but if you can find me one, I surely will try!" He said, grinning at the girl. He actually had never tried some of the things that Sara suggested. It would be an interesting experiment for him.

"Music and archery are some of the basic things I know. That's about it, I'm not going to lie. It's been me, Rush, and my mom since I can remember. And my da, but he's only recently come into my life. Other than that, I was alone with my mother most of the time, so I developed what I knew how to do best."

Nathan resisted the urge to reach out and capture her tongue. It was what his mother used to do to him whenever he stuck his tongue out at her. "I probably could, if you wanted to try," he said, flashing a slight smile at the demigod girl. "But I'm sure that you're really good at what you do. I would just make the whole thing appear wrong, trust me. You can do it."
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 am

"You're in luck; I know of a store that sells kazoos not far from camp," she smirked. "I'll buy one next school year and bring it back to you." She decided that she liked making him smile. It made her feel accomplished, and she felt a lot better. She liked this guy.

She frowned. "You never even tried anything new?" she muttered, hoping that was the message he'd meant to convey, because that was the message she'd gotten. "Wouldn't you get bored after awhile, doing the same thing over and over again?"

She laughed. "Well, if you could, then you will. Hmm...what play..." she cocked her head in thought. "Have you ever heard of Anything Goes? It's a musical, so you might know about it." She had seen the 1987 version recently and thought it was brilliant. She absolutely adored the Gypsy song.

(OOC: Sorry I can't link you to the play (that's illegal!), but it's really a great thing. It's fun to watch, too. All the songs are on YouTube.)
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan House Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:24 am

He nodded to Sara, giving her a small grin. "It's a deal then. You get me a kazoo, and I'll play you a symphony worth mentioning on it. That is, if it is even physically possible." He said, crossing his arms.

He listened as she spoke of the musical, but he shook his head. "I'm afraid that I have not heard it, but I will have to check some of them out. Perhaps there was a song that required a violin? I'm sure you could sing while I play."

Nathan hoped his offer wouldn't be buried immediately. He was rather curious as to how she acted and sung, and he could supply the musical part of it with no problems. He'd also have to remember to check out some plays. It seemed that Sara was very interested in them.
Nathan House
Nathan House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Harmond Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:02 pm

She held out her hand, one finger sticking out from the rest. "Pinky promise?" she asked, childishly gazing at him. It was a thing with her. If you broke a pinky promise, you had to be prepared for the consequences of breaking it. It was something she had caught on to with a former mortal best friend, and it always gave her a small thrill to use it.

She sighed. "Jeez, have you ever seen a play in your life?" She shook her head, exasperated, but smiling softly. "Well, you're persistent, I'll give you that. I don't think any songs require a violin, but I'm sure any of them could use it. I'm gonna warn you, though, my voice will crack your eardrums" She grimaced. "I'd really rather just do Ophelia's speech or something."

It wasn't that Sara was afraid of performing--sing or otherwise--in front of Nate. Part of acting was not being afraid of other people. The problem was that she didn't have a script to catch her of she forgot her lines or the lyrics. She probably wouldn't considering she'd loved the musical and seen it about 50 times, but she would rather be safe than sorry.
Sara Harmond
Sara Harmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum