The Half-Blood Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ughs.......

3 posters

Go down

Ughs....... Empty Ughs.......

Post by Jonathon Liks Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Jonathon sighed in his sleep. Catwalk....clothes...ooh, girls!" he smiled in his sleep, rolling over so he was half on the bed, half off. Dressed in just flannel pants, he had no idea if his sleep would be interrupted or not. Stuff from that day's makeover was still all over the more or less empty cabin, leaving him quite the mess to clean up in the morning.

His phone read 3am.
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Ughs....... Empty Re: Ughs.......

Post by Aphrodite Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Aphrodite appeared in the cabin. She frowned at the mess as she looked around the place. "What has this boy been doing?" She muttered to herself. "I don't think I want to know." She added shaking her head. Glancing along the row of beds she searched for her son. Spotting him she made her way over to him silently.

When she reached him, Aphrodite studied him for a moment before shaking him.
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Jon frowned as an earthquake disrupted Fashion Week Paris. "Savanna....go away...you said no ungodly hours.." he mumbled sleepily, sitting up. Opening his eyes blearily, he screamed at the sight of a lady. "WHAT THE HELL?" he yelled, eyes widening in shock. "I locked the door!" He scrambled for his dagger before realizing he probably left it in his desk.
He hurried to cover his naked chest, eying the woman weirdly. "Wait, you're Elizabeth Taylor! Another beautiful person!" he grinned before realizing something. "I thought you were dead..."
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Aphrodite rolled her eyes at her son as he shouted at her. "Calm down." She said, making her voice a bit more soothing. When he accused her of being Elizabeth Taylor she laughed slightly. "No." She said shaking her head. "I'm not Elizabeth." She allowed her body to shift to her son's thoughts of what a beautiful woman looked like to prove her point. "See?" She asked.

"I happen to be your mother." She placed her hands on her hips.
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Jon eyed her warily, grabbing a fallen shirt and eying her. "Wait...four seconds ago i thought Lolita Savanna was hot- and now I'm thinking of freaking Michelle Phan. Are you like a God or something?" he asked curiously, pulling on the garment.

"Holy shit...what did I do to smite you enough that my beauty sleep is disrupted?" Jon asked frantically, finally finding his dagger under pillow and gripping it tightly. "I mean, I thought that my stepmother woke me up at ungodly hours- this is just insane!"
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:40 am

Aphrodite watched her son scramble around, her face slightly amused. She rolled her eyes as he blabbered on about her constantly changing form. "Jonathon." She said. "Sleep is useless, all it does is waste time." She stated honestly. "And it's not even that early."

Walking around the room Aphrodite began walking around the room picking up pieces of clothing that littered the floor. "What a mess you've made." She said shaking her head and tossing the clothes she had picked up at him. "I'm hear to whip you in to shape."
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:55 am

"....lady, it's three in the freaking night." Jon blinked. "and I'm human. We need sleep or we die." he added.

He watched as his supposed mother walked around, picking up the remains of Jon's personal Lolita outfit. "Uh...this si a costume." he said. "And I thought that was illegal. And I swim four miles every day. I'm in shape." he blinked, confused.

Even more so than usual, that is.
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 pm

"I'll have you know it's three in the morning Boy, not night." Aphrodite rolled her eyes and continued to pick up things off the floor. "I think we'll have to start with cleanliness." She said.

Aphrodite threw the pile at him. "I'm not physically whipping you... Yet." She stated. "Just teaching you about how to be a child of Aphrodite. Now... get dressed before I pick your outfit."
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:12 am

"I have a name, you know..."

"I am neat, it's just that I had a makeover yesterday, and forgot to clean up." Jon said, rolling his eyes. He pulled on the hoodie and jeans under his covers before standing up and grabbing a pair of sandals.

"Still illegal. And, I'm dressed. What now?" Jon asked, annoyed at his mother for doubting his skills at love. after all, he was the open with a girlfriend who actually had a brain. And he was tired. Why three in the morning?
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Celare Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:17 am

Thomas yawned as he woke up to the sound of talking in the cabin. He was likely going to get up at this time anyway, looking at the clock on his phone he realised it was a few minutes past three, so it was actually a bit early, but Thomas didn't mind. He changed his pyjamas for some simple practical clothes, cargo pants and a button-down shirt. He may be a child of Aphrodite, but he honestly didn't care much for how he looked or dressed.

As long as it fit and it wasn't getting in his way, it didn't matter. He stepped outside the door, holding back a slight yawn while making sure he wasn't waking anyone up. Looking around he saw a woman talking to Jonathon. His half brother. Though Thomas wished they'd never met. He wondered who the woman could be though, so stepped towards them, not telling them he was there, but not hiding either. He was curious. So he would find an answer.
Thomas Celare
Thomas Celare

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 am

"I'm aware you have a name... Jonathon." Aphrodite said shaking her head.

Aphrodite crossed her arms and looked her son up and down. "Obviously we need to start with your fashion choices." She said turning her head to look at the new arrival to the conversation. "For both of you." She added almost cringing at Thomas' clothes.

"I want you boys to go to your wardrobe's and pick practical, yet nice looking outfits." Aphrodite began, seating herself in a chair. "Three outfits please. You have ten minutes."
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Jon whimpered, eyes widening as he slouched over to his closet, throwing the doors open dramatically. "Hello, my babies." the tall 17 year old greeted happily. "Which one of you shall I choose?" he muttered eying the very large assortment of Steampunk outfits/costumes. Grabbing his top hats-Goggles adorned and unadorned ones-and with surprising precision, tossed them on his bed and picked the matching suits and accessories. Eying Sav's three new dresses he had only just finished, Jon sighed, ignored them and chose his regular suit and beaked white eye mask.

"There....there's my most practical babies." Jon sighed in resignation at his mother, stroking the metal shoulder of his first suit's sleeve reverently. Eyes widening, he grabbed the pair of loafers that matched each suit perfectly, along with the gloves.
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Celare Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Thomas groaned internally after being told to pick practical clothes that looked good. The practical side was simple... The looking good side, not so much. He was resigned to this though, so he walked quietly back to his room, searching in his wardrobe for something that didn't look too bad. He ended up with a t-shirt with jeans, cargo pants with a different button-down shirt, and then he had slacks and what could possibly be called a dress shirt... It wasn't fancy, but it wasn't boring either. He hoped that would bring up his mark for the 'nice look' mark. He didn't just put them in a heap though, and made sure they stayed in the right sets. He may not be a priss, but he did make sure his clothes weren't wrinkled from folding and he made sure they were washed open. "More practical than dressy, but it's what I've got." He said bluntly with a shrug. There were times when flowery words worked well, and then others when it was less painful and easier to jump to the point. He hoped jumping to it would be more beneficial in this case.
Thomas Celare
Thomas Celare

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Aphrodite watched as her sons picked out their outfits. "It seems you both have very different ideas." She said inspecting the outfits. "Jonathon, it seems you think too much about the style aspect. I personally wouldn't want my children fighting in clothes like that, not practical." She said. "Thomas, You've got the practical side down. You've even incorporated a bit of style in there." She thought for a moment before stopping so both boys could see her. "You two would benefit well from helping each other chose outfits. So... I want three outfits that you both chose together."
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Celare Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:31 am

Thomas resisted the urge to laugh at the suits Jonathon pulled out, sure, they were flashy, but flashy never saved you in a tough situation. He especially resisted the urge to laugh at the mask. That was just a piece of pure show, if someone tried to drive a spear through his head, it might as well not be there, or maybe just be made out of paper. He definitely agreed with what his mother said about how Jonathon had picked things purely for style. But, come on! He had to have something other than dressy suits and top hats, right? Or did he just never do any work? Maybe the monsters considered Jonathon too weak to go after most of the time, so he barely had to worry, but still... He shrugged at his mothers assessment of his own clothes, he knew he wasn't going to have any style, but he hardly cared, the clothes didn't restrict his movement, and while they weren't metal, they would make sure armour didn't chafe on his limbs when he put it on... He had to remember to go Hunting some time soon actually.

Thomas' eyes widened at the thought of him having to do anything to do with his brother. Well, he could be worse hopefully, but he was a complete idiot and he felt like it would be talking to a brick wall! "Mother... Please don't inflict this torture." He said seriously. "Can't you just use your blessing? I've heard you've done it before... And it would be about fifty times less agonising." He added. He didn't care if he looked like an absolute court jester, he just did not want to have to bicker and argue with his brother, it would likely end with him taking his dagger and putting it to his brothers throat, and he doubted anyone would like that...

...Well, other than him.
Thomas Celare
Thomas Celare

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:56 am

Jon's eyes widened in surprise. "No, no, no! Please, anything other than that!" Slipping a hand into his jeans pocket, he quietly withdrew his dagger, hiding it in his palm. His half-brother's clothing choices were absolutely horrible. Not even the poorest man in the world would wear those. He might need his dagger just in case Thomas tried to try something. He eyed the first one. "What if I added more armor to that one? That way I won't be completely unprotected." he tried to compromise, pointing at his first suit's unarmored sleeve. He was pretty sure that there were a few sheets of steel by the forge.

Jon raised an eyebrow at Thomas's plea. "Stop right there, Thomas. Is there something about my clothes that makes it torture to pick out?" he asked skeptically.

Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:15 am

Aphrodite walked between her sons and stopped to glare at them both. "I want you to do it together." She stated firmly. "No ifs, ands, or buts about it." She stepped back and sat down on a chair. "You'll benefit well from helping each other. Especially considering the fact that you'll want to be teamed up, one of you having charm speak is key to your cabin and your battles."
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Celare Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:41 am

Thomas rolled his eyes at Jonathon's attempt to compromise. "It's not just the defensive factor you know, practical doesn't just mean they'll stop you getting sliced from one hit. You have to be able to move around quickly in them, and trust me, those suits are only going to make things worse for you, and adding more armour just increases the weight." He said, half-heartedly trying to get Jonathon to see why his clothes were so impractical. "Yes Jonathon. It's torture to look at them because they're absolute pieces of fluff which are for absolutely nothing but show. They certainly won't help you against a monster, and like I said, you'd have to be mad to try to climb the wall or even bend down to pick something up you dropped." He said. He was likely over-exaggerating a little, but it was still true to some extent. Hence why he didn't have a single piece of showy clothes. All they did is draw attention, and Thomas knew that attention wasn't always wanted.

"Fine..." Thomas said, sighing at his mothers demand. He wasn't going to argue too much because it would just turn into the point of him wasting breath. "Wait... He has Charmspeak? Then why has he just never convinced me to do whatever he wanted before?" He asked, confused. No doubt he would now, he might not even have known until now... Damnit... He thought to himself. There goes my freedom then... He realized.
Thomas Celare
Thomas Celare

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:08 am

Aphrodite couldn't help but roll her blue eyes at her son. "Thomas," She began slowly. "Have you ever... Simply asked someone to give you something? Or do something for you?" She asked. "How easy is it for you to get things simply by asking? Does it take much convincing to get things done?" She asked giving him a look to try and get her point across.
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Celare Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:38 am

Thomas blinked confused at her questioning, and had to think about it for a moment. "Sometimes... But it's not that often, and it still takes a little convincing... He'd likely be able to do it with one word though, and besides, I tend to just get things done myself really..." He shrugged. "Why're you asking anyway?" He asked. He really didn't understand the line of speaking... He shrugged to himself. It would likely make sense soon, and then he'd feel completely dense and an idiot.
Thomas Celare
Thomas Celare

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:57 am

Aphrodite stood from her seat and walked towards Thomas, stopping right in front of him. "Thomas... How much convincing does it take?" She asked. "Not much, Right? Just changing your voice, you could have your way." She answered her own question. "You my son, Have the gift." She said grinning widely at him. "Be glad you know now and not when you're already out of camp."
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Celare Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Thomas was still confused about the line of questioning, it didn't make sense to him as to why his Mother was asking him this, but no doubt it would make sense eventually. "It depends, usually hardly any effort though, I just ask and it's done..." He admitted, he didn't usually ask though, he tended to just get whatever he needed to get or work he had to do himself. He realised his Mother had answered her own question and he nodded, sometimes it did seem like a little bit of persuasion and it worked...

He blinked in shock and surprise when his mother said that he had the gift. "But... why me? If you haven't noticed, I'm the opposite of what your children should be like, and, as you've noticed, I hardly care about my choice in clothing." he said confused. It didn't make any sense as to why he had this gift.

Thomas Celare
Thomas Celare

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphrodite Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 am

Aphrodite grinned at her son. "You have it because you're different. I like that my children are individual. I like that they still have values of love and not of lust. You my son, are perfect to have this gift." She said ruffling his hair. "You're a born leader! I've chosen you to lead the rest of your siblings the right way."

"As for your clothing choices," She added. "That can be fixed quite quickly." She said. "Now on with the assignment."
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathon Liks Sun May 01, 2011 5:46 am

Jon watched all of this transpire, not saying anything. Still half asleep, he really didn't get the whole Charm Speak concept, but oh well.

"So if Tommy has this Charm Speak thing, what do I have?" he questioned curiously while eying the door, wondering if he could sneak out somehow. Probably not, but it was worth a try.
Jonathon Liks
Jonathon Liks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum